Knitting Together C’ville is a circle of family and friends spreading the warmth in Charlottesville, Virginia. We are pleased to be UVa Hospital Auxiliary volunteers. Find us on Ravelry and The Knitting Guild Association!
❤ The KTCville Team
Our team meets once a week for knitting, embellishing, and packaging hats and blanket buddies ~ along with lots of love and conversation.
- Anna: Director Emerita and our inspiration, superior knitter, and a charter member;
- Susi: Director, the creative energy behind our signature hat embellishments, stocking cap knitter, and a charter member;
- Ruth: Webmaster, technology guru, knitter of cute critter and fruit & veggie hats, and a charter member;
- Nancy: Very prolific knitter of comfy hats, cozy hats, and pretty head warmers, amazingly patient knit instructor, and a charter member;
- Carolyn: Amazingly creative knitter of comforting blanket buddies and teeny tiny hats for preemies and newborns.
View examples of all of our projects in our Portfolio.
❤ KTCville Auxiliary Knitters
These knitters send us their own beautiful hand-knit hats for distribution through the UVa Hospital Volunteer and Auxiliary Office.
- Special thanks to Gail and Victoria who donated beautiful hats for distribution to the UVa hospitals.
We’re friends and family knitting together and we’re knitting together Charlottesville! Borne of our desire to give back to the wonderful Charlottesville community in which we live, we wanted to channel our love of coming together to knit over coffee and conversation into a community project to spread warmth among the city’s residents. Our hats and other hand-knit items are free to all who need them, and we’re always open to suggestions regarding colors, yarns, and sizes. Sorry – we do not sell anything!
As UVa Hospital Auxiliary Volunteers, we donate our HATS & BLANKET BUDDIES to:
UVA CHILDREN’S HOSPITAL: * Cancer * Heart Center * Mended Little Hearts * NICU * Pulmonology.
UVA HOSPITAL: * Cancer Center – Flourish Boutique * Mother/Baby Services * The Women’s Place.
We also support: Books on Bikes – Bundle Up with Books * Franklin County Perinatal Education Center * International Neighbors Charlottesville * JABA’s Adult Care Center * Jackson-Via Elementary School * NGA – New Clothes for New Tomorrows.